This page has been automatically translated.
View in the original language
Thanks for joining the Triple 7 Summits project! You'll now get regular expedition updates direct to your inbox. My next expedition starts on 6 April 2017, when I will attempt to climb the highest mountain on earth, Mount Everest (8,848m) via the North Col route in Tibet. The 2-month expedition is coordinated by Dan Mazur, who has climbed eight of the fourteen 8,000m peaks – including an O2-less ascent of K2. My training plans include:
- in early 2016 I spent time winter climbing up to Grade IV on Ben Nevis, and I spent a week sport-climbing in Turkey at Easter
- I will complete my Mountain Leader (Summer) assessment to qualify to lead groups in the mountains, hills and moorlands of the UK and Ireland
- in winter 16/17, I will complete my Winter Mountain Leader training
- in May 2016, I will spend a week in the Alps on a solo traverse of Mont Blanc
- in July 2016 I will travel to Iran to attempt a 600m big wall climb on the second highest peak in the country (Alam Kooh)
- I will be out on the mountains in the UK every weekend between now and the expedition, and will attempt:
Thanks for joining me on this incredible and life-changing adventure - I promise not to share your details with ANYONE.
- the Cuillin traverse
- the top 10 Munros in 3 days, and
- a complete round of the Welsh 4,000ft peaks
* indicates required